Kidz Klub Leeds
View all news
Posted on: 31st March 2020
We wanted to get in touch from Kidz Klub's now remotely operated HQ to send our love and prayers for you and your family in this uncertain time. We also wanted to ask you if you could join with us in prayer and encouragement for the Kidz Klub children and families at this time?
We are looking to our 'Great Big God' as we often sing with the children. He is always good- this crisis is not from Him, He stands with us all. He's the rock-and He will roll our blues away- another old favourite KK song! We are asking God especially for protection over the children and families who are some of the most vulnerable at this time.
As you can imagine as with all of us... the past few weeks have been a time of responding to the various announcements and at KK reimagining how we support the children in this time. (Our office phone line 0113 2456533 is still operating Mon to Fri and you can still reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org).
Sadly if you were planning to join us for the prayer breakfast it is now cancelled. However, if you would still like to do an intercessors prayer meeting via zoom please reply to this message and we will be in touch.
WHAT LAST WEEK AT KIDZ KLUB LOOKED LIKE...
This is what the work we do looks like at the moment
1. Prayer- lots of prayer/ video calls and prayer meetings/praying for visiting rounds. As a team, we have set the challenge to spend the time we would usually be at sessions praying for the children. We are keen to help mobilize a wall of prayer over our communities and the most vulnerable children that we serve. We know that many are praying! Please could you join with us in this way? See our prayer and encouragement challenge below.
2. Calling families- the KK staff team have spent the week calling as many families as we can-and will continue to do this each week. This has been received so positively and there have been opportunities to signpost families for support/food boxes, also to pray with families and generally remain present. This has been very much appreciated and has really kept us going too-hearing how the families are and how we can still help by making a regular phone call.
We are already seeing out of this that families are in need of extra support and we are working out how we can respond practically within both the guidelines for Key Workers and the cities multiagency approach.
3. Safeguarding Team; our Safeguarding Team are working to support and keep in touch with 40 families who are in need of safeguarding support- they are working alongside schools and agencies as per our usual approach.
4. Sheets- we are working to keep sheets going out every week including the holidays and to include useful advice and information/links for parents. If you come across anything that would be useful let us know.
5. Website- if you haven't already -check out our brand new website by clicking here! We are adding information and links for families on there too. Again if you find anything that we could add, do let us know.
6. YouTube- see link. We are putting Kidz Klub sessions, advice, craft and other activities on our Youtube channel. We are also looking at ways we can remain in touch via social media.
PRAYER AND ENCOURAGEMENT CHALLENGE
Could you join with us in praying in these creative ways for the children and their families?
1. Commit to pray for one child. Could you commit to pray for a child and their family in this season, for protection from this virus and during this time of lockdown? If so, contact us on email and we will send you an initial of the child you are praying for. Please do let us know any words of encouragement for that child and their family, if we think it is appropriate we will pass this on in a card to them.
2. Cup of tea - every time you make a cuppa, could you take the brew time to pray for the provision of food for families in our communities who are going without or not coping? Pray for the provision of strength for families who struggle, pray for miraculous intervention- that pressure pot situations will not arise, that families will know peace and get help.
3. Solidarity photo wall. We come back often to the Kidz Klub heartbeat- our logo is a heart- we are in it alongside our children and families for the long term. Could you show some solidarity with our children and families? We are creating a solidarity photo page on our new website to show the children and families that they are not alone. We often tell the children that they are being supported by many people who they will never meet. In this season, we would love for them to be able to see a wall of heart shaped selfies from you all.
If you'd like to join in, just email or send us a photo of yourself with your hands in the heart shape on whatsapp (07799020402) or via e-mail email@example.com or share it on our Facebook page "Kidz Klub Leeds" or find us on Instagram #kidzklubleeds.
Thanks again for all your support for the children of this city.
We genuinely cannot do it without you.
Laura, Sarah and the KK HQ team