Christmas Ideas from Christian Gift Aid
View all news
Posted on: 7th December 2022
Every gift you buy supports Christian Aid’s work, and helps transform lives around the world. Every purchase acts as a donation, and our local partners use the money to work on a specific programme or project. All our charity gifts have a fun card explaining more about the gift and its project – write your message in it and give it yourself, or send it direct.
Do you get an actual gift?
When you buy a virtual gift from Christian Aid Charity Gifts, you or your lucky recipient(s) don’t get an actual goat or a pair of chickens (although we know it would be pretty cool if you did).
What you do get for each gift is a physical or print-at-home card. Each card explains a bit more about the gift, and tells a story about someone – a real person – who benefited from a similar contribution.
How does buying a charity gift work?
- Choose and buy gift(s) for your loved one(s).
- Your money acts as a donation; it goes into a fund for each area of Christian Aid’s work. So if you buy the gift of a goat, your money goes into our Nutrition & Food Security fund, and so on.
- Every gift is represented by a card. You can write a personal message inside it. Then you can arrange to either have it sent to you, or to whoever you’ve bought the gift for.
- The gift delights them and everybody feels good.
- Our local partner uses the money you’ve donated to work on a particular programme or project – like supplying goats to families in Ethiopia.
News category: International, Social action