Tastelife Course Leader Training
View calendarView all events
Friday, 10th March: 7:00pm - Sunday, 12th March: 4:00pm
***NEW for 2023 - It's our BUMPER Bursary Year! - Training is now available via bursaries from £59 online or £99 residential.- For more information on bursaries click here***
We would love to invite you to join our growing team of tastelife course leaders across the country. tastelife offers two-day training to run the tastelife course, both online and residential. The course and the training are accredited by the University of Brighton Health Sciences and Open College Network. This is the training you need to offer hope and tools for recovery to sufferers, their friends, and family in your area.
The training is suitable for those with related qualifications or involvement in health, education, social care, or Christian ministry. Personal experience of eating disorders is also relevant, as is the context in which you want to run the course.
Training topics include
- Aims and ethos of tastelife
- Eating disorders; medical definitions
- Body image and the media
- Why eating disorders develop
- Associated mental health issues (co-morbidities)
- How tastelife fits with CAMHS and NHS
- Progression of tastelife course
- Safeguarding issues
- Teaching strategies and group facilitation
- Building relationships with vulnerable people
- Role play of course sessions
- Information about ongoing leader support and events
For training FAQs, click here.
To register an interest in training, click here.
If you have any questions or queries or would just like to chat with someone about the training weekend and your suitability, please contact our Training Lead, Marie-Ellen Dove 07979 426806 / email@example.com
Posted by: Marie-Ellen Dove
Event category: Training