The Lord Mayor of Leeds, Cllr Al Garthwaite invites you to a Civic Reception to celebrate Small Groups and Small Charities in Leeds.
A small group or charity includes non-profit community or self-help groups run by volunteers, or a volunteer organisation with an annual turnover of less than £25,000. If you are part of one of these many groups that helps to make Leeds a great place to live, then this event is for you! Please see attached a flyer to share with your networks.
The event is an opportunity to say thank you to small groups and charities for the contribution and the work which has had a positive impact on the lives of Leeds residents.
This has been organised by Leeds City Council and Voluntary Action Leeds to provide small groups and charities with an opportunity to:
- Receive a certificate of recognition and have an opportunity to have your photo taken with the Lord Mayor
- Receive a commemorative leaflet including details of all the groups and charities attending
- Find out about advice, training, funding, and other support to help you run your group
- Sign up for newsletters and email alerts about training, funding, events and see what support is available on the Doing Good Leeds website.
- Be better informed and influence what is happening in Leeds.
- Find out about the networks and forums that your group can be part of, such as the Culturally Diverse Hub.
Places are limited to 4 people per small group or charity.
**This is usually a popular event, so booking is essential by Friday 9th June 2023**
Your details will be held by Leeds City Council and Voluntary Action Leeds for the purpose of this event only.
By completing registration, you are confirming your small group or charity meets eligibility criteria of an annual income of less than £25,000 and provide support to communities in Leeds.
To book your place please click here
If you are unable to register via Eventbrite or for any enquires please contact Voluntary Action Leeds on 0113 297 7920