Leeds Christians in Education
View calendarView all events
Thu, 14 Jun 6:30pm - 8:30pm
14 June, 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Facilitator Sally Pickering (training for ordination, current work in education and psychology)
Theme: Building a loving community through celebration of each other and support in the tough times, with a special focus on children and bereavement.
This evening’s session will explore the factors which enable a group of people to manage in tough circumstances. With reference to the Old and New Testament, as well as nowadays, participants will be invited to discuss the attributes which support a community or group of people to care for each other and manage those difficult times which everyone faces- such as bereavement. There will be an opportunity to look at loss and bereavement resources which are readily available where the focus is on supporting children and young people.
Leeds Christians in Education is organised by the Leeds Church Institute and Gather Leeds, and exists to support teachers, governors, and schools youth workers through networking, events, and prayer. All with a heart for education in Leeds are very welcome to join us.
We meet three times a year in the evenings for prayer and shared thoughtfulness. Together we will
- Celebrate education in Leeds
- Grow in awareness of the challenges and issues, and current educational responses in Leeds
- Spend some time in prayer with words, photos, drawing, and silence
- Develop connections between Christians who are situated in the same schools, colleges, and Universities.
- Support those who are involved in making decisions that affect children, young people, students, and all those who are themselves, educators.
At Leeds Church Institute
(opposite the Corn Exchange, above ‘Out of This World’)
20 New Market Street, Leeds, LS1 6DG
To book email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0113 391 7928
Event category: Children
Good to know what is going on in the wider church in Leeds