Faiths Standing Up Against Violence and Women and Girls
View calendarView all events
Thursday, 9th February: 4:30pm - 6:00pm
The Carriageworks Theatre , 3 Millennium Square, Leeds , West Yorkshire, LS2 3AD
The event will include:
- Reflections from Leeds City Council Stategic Leads for faith and communities
- Why faith leaders, particularly male faith leaders, should stand up against violence and abuse.
- Scriptural references on the responsibility to prevent and challenge violence and abuse
- West Yorkshire Police’s commitment to investigations and the importance of partnership working
- The relationship between women’s experiences of safety and wider gender-based violence and abuse, and the importance of male allies.
- A reminder to faith leaders about the White Ribbon Campaign and how they can become involved.
- Round table discussion on preventative work we can all take
Posted by: Simon Phillips
Event category: Social action