WYDAN Communications Volunteer
- West Yorkshire Destitute Asylum Network (WYDAN)View all jobs
We are looking for a Communications Volunteer, who would like to help us in publicising our work of supporting Asylum Seekers who find themselves destitute in West Yorkshire. A full role description is below:
WYDAN is a network of organisations and individuals who want to improve the support available to
Destitute Asylum Seekers in West Yorkshire. We hold regular networking and information sharing
meetings and coordinate a shelter for male Asylum Seekers who are destitute.
Location: Mainly home working
Responsible to: The WYDAN Shelter Manager and Network Coordinator
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To increase the public profile of WYDAN and its work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working with members of WYDAN, Trustees and workers to:
1. Maintain and develop the WYDAN website.
2. Increase WYDAN’s social media presence.
3. Write and distribute press releases.
4. Design and produce promotional material, including flyers and newsletters.
1. Contribute to the overall strategy of publicity for WYDAN.
2. Attend events / meetings on behalf of the charity.
3. Give presentations and talks on the work of the charity.
3. Anything else necessary to fulfil the purpose of the role.
A desire to see improved and increased support for Destitute Asylum Seekers in the region.
An understanding of the sensitive nature of sharing information on asylum-related issues.
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Computer skills, including knowledge of basic web-development, social media and design
programmes (e.g. Publisher).
Ability to organise own time and work independently when needed.
Friendly and professional manner.
Ability to contribute new ideas.
This role would need to be carried out in ways consistent with the purposes of the organisation.
For more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, with a brief explanation of why you
would like to do the role. Thank you.
Hours: Part time
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 31 January 2018
Start date: Tuesday, 28 November 2017
Despite the economic hardships I thank the Almighty for the wonderful job you're doing