Volunteer Link Worker- West Yorkshire Community Chaplaincy Project
View all jobs
We're looking for reliable volunteers who have a regular amount of time to give each week to support someone after their release from prison, or a family with a loved one inside prison.
VOLUNTEER ROLE INFORMATION:
Volunteer Link Worker - supporting men leaving prison and their families.
Link Workers are an integral part of the WYCCP team and contribute to the success of our organisation. We couldn't do what we do without you!
The primary role of link workers is to work alongside the resettlement and family teams to provide support to men before and after release from prison and to provide support to the families of prisoners in the community. Link workers meet regularly with their service users in the community across West Yorkshire. You will create an action plan with your service user and provide them with practical and emotional support to achieve their goals.
Link worker and family link worker person specification:
· Be at least 18 years old and of sufficient emotional maturity to take on a supportive role.
· Be committed to the principles of diversity and equality.
· Be reliable, well organised and resourceful.
· Be able to work in a flexible, non-judgemental and person centred way.
· Have good interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
· Be able to work in partnership with staff, link workers and other agencies.
· Have good IT skills.
· Be committed to the aims and values of WYCCP, including our multi-faith ethos.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining the WYCCP team as a Link Worker, please contact Richard Garrett at email@example.com.