Volunteer Befriender: Beeston, Cottingley & Hunslet
- MHA Live at Home Community Support ProjectView all jobs
Our Community Support Project is a new initiative in the Beeston, Cottingley and Hunslet areas, working closely with our MHA Live at Home scheme in South Leeds. Our Volunteer Befrienders visit, support and motivate older people who may be recovering from a period of ill health, a hospital stay or have experienced a breakdown in their social networks. Through structured, short-term befriending, our Volunteers help them rebuild their confidence to go out and reconnect with their community.
We are now recruiting enthusiastic and dedicated Volunteer Befrienders to provide an older person with short term support:
• Just 1 or 2 hours of your time each week; daytime Mon - Fri
• Short term support for up to 10 weeks
• Make a real positive difference to combat and prevent loneliness
• Become a valuable link in connecting people back to their community
• Help reduce the risk of re-admission to hospital.
If you can spare a few hours on a week day, please come and talk to us or get in touch now to find out more and apply to become our next Volunteer Befriender. We are especially keen to hear from you if you are over 50 and/or male.
Hours: Part time
Closing date for applications: Thursday, 31 December 2020
Interview date: Wednesday, 25 September 2019
Start date: Tuesday, 01 October 2019
Great job of keeping churches in touch with each other so we can share experiences and work together for God's glory