Specialist Volunteer Befriender
- MHA Live at Home Community Support ProjectView all jobs
Specialist Volunteer Befrienders will visit and work with older people who may be recovering from a period of ill health, a hospital stay or have experienced a breakdown in their social networks. Providing short term support, the Befrienders will help them rebuild their confidence to go out and reconnect with their community.
• Just one or two hours of your time each week
• Short term support for up to 10 weeks
• Make a real positive difference to combat and prevent loneliness
• Become a valuable link in connecting people back to their community
• Help reduce the risk of re-admission to hospital.
Hours: Part time, 1 - 2 hours per weekhrs
Closing date for applications: Thursday, 31 December 2020
The e-bulletin keeps us in touch with what is happening in the wider Christian scene in the Greater Leeds area