- St Aidan’s Church LeedsView all jobs
About the role
As a Hosting Volunteer you’ll support the hosting team in creating a warm, welcoming environment for our guests.
You’ll serve food, share a meal with our guests, encourage conversation, and clear up after the meal. You’ll be supported by a FoodCycle Project Leader, who will help you to develop your hosting skills.
You don’t need to have any previous experience – you just need to get stuck in!
Week in, week out we nourish the hungry and lonely in our communities with delicious meals and great conversation, using food which would otherwise go to waste.
FoodCycle aims to:
- Connect communities
- Support mental health and wellbeing
- Nourish the hungry
- Promote sustainability
- Inspire change
A FoodCycle project is run on the ground by a team of 8 or more lead volunteers called Project Leaders, with each leader taking on a specific role to ensure the smooth running of their
FoodCycle Project. These people are passionate, committed and want to make a positive change within theircommunity. They take ownership and make decisions about the day-to-day running of their Project.
Skills you'll learn
- Teamwork: you’ll work as part of a team to prep the venue, serve a delicious meal, and clear up afterwards.
- Relationship building: you'll build lasting relationships with guests, ensuring they come back each week.
- Hosting: you’ll support front of house duties, serving food and demonstrating good customer service skills.
- Fundraising: you’ll have the opportunity to participate in fundraising activities, like pop ups and sponsored challenges, to help raise vital funds to support your Project.
What to expect from FoodCycle
- Ongoing support and advice from a FoodCycle Project Leader during every session.
- Expenses, including mileage, covered in line with our volunteer policy.
- Free online training modules, including first aid awareness and food allergens.
- The opportunity to take on additional tasks/responsibilities.
- Impressive skills to add to your CV and a reference if/when you need it.
- The opportunity to meet a large network of like-minded people.
- A fun, creative volunteer experience within a community led project.
What’s expected from me
- Have bags of enthusiasm!
- Follow all FoodCycle policies and procedures – including the volunteer agreement.
- Follow all training you receive when registering with us.
- Support FoodCycle to fulfil its mission of nourishing communities with food and conversation.
Give as much as you feel! It is easy to volunteer with FoodCycle and we don’t look for minimum commitments, butwe love it if you keep coming back! An average hosting slot is 4 hours.
Register to volunteer here https://volunteer.foodcycle.org.uk/volunteer-sign-up then sign up to a slot online.
FoodCycle is a company limited by guarantee (number 7101349) and a registered charity in England and Wales (number 1134423).
Hours: Part time
Closing date for applications: Sunday, 31 October 2021
Thanks for your hard work and informative notices