RISE Boys Project Worker
- St Luke’s CARESView all jobs
RISE BOYS PROJECT WORKER
Part Time (8-15 hours a week*, Thursday – Friday), £16,640 - £20,800 pro rata dependent on skills and experience, funding for at least one year starting in September
*Ideally the worker can work 15 hours, but if you only have 8 hours available then still apply. The working day must be a Thursday or Friday.
Please note it is a genuine occupational requirement that the worker is male due to the nature of this role.
RISE is a boys project, part of St Luke's CARES, and we work in the LS10/11 area of Leeds aiming to help boys realise their potential, overcome barriers and succeed in life. We are a relatively new project, starting in March 2017, but have a big heart to see the lives of young men transformed through the work we do. If you have a passion for young people and a desire to be a positive influence in their lives then this could be the job for you.
This role will involve supporting the existing work of RISE by engaging boys aged 11-16 in the LS10/11 area of Leeds tackling issues relevant to teenage boys. RISE aim to help see boys realise their potential, overcome barriers and succeed in life. Day to day the project worker will mentor boys 1-2-1 in school, run small boys groups in school, help lead an after school youth club, engage boys in PSCHE lessons around healthy relationships and consent, and assist with the day to day running of the project. There will be opportunities for the project worker to use their passion and skills to start new groups in and outside of school to assist in growing the work and reach of RISE. A key part of this role will be building effective and meaningful relationships with boys through all of the different activities RISE are involved in.
Person Specification (Required)
- Passion to see the lives of disadvantaged and disengaged young people positively changed.
- Ability to engage boys and build effective relationships with them.
- Understanding of and commitment to St Luke’s CARES ethos.
- Understanding of social and emotional issues impacting young people.
- Good time management skills.
- Commitment to working as part of a small team.
- Strong awareness of safeguarding, equal opportunities and diversity practices and policies.
- St Luke’s CARES is committed to safeguarding. All staff and volunteers working with young people or vulnerable adults are subject to DBS checks.
Person Specification (Desirable)
- Experience of working with young people in or outside of school.
- Experience of delivering group work to 11-16 year olds.
- Experience of supporting young people on a pastoral level.
- Clear and confident communicator and good listener.
- Driving license and access to car.
For an application form, or if you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 29th June 5pm.
Interview date TBC.
Hours: Part time, 8-15hrs
Starting salary: £16,640 - £20,800
Closing date for applications: Friday, 29 June 2018
Start date: Thursday, 06 September 2018
An essential Christian resource in Leeds